Our Vacancies in the Rail Industry Can Be Applied for Online 24/7
Sharing our expertise
Boston Rail work with a number of highly experienced Rail Consultants across several sectors of the market such as Track, Freight, Signalling, Telecoms and Rolling Stock. If you have a requirement for some specialist expertise, then please contact Boston Rail directly for a more detailed discussion. We will then “pair” you with the appropriate Consultant who can then support your project.
Meet our consultants
Alan has enjoyed a 40-year career in the Rail sector, specifically in rail infrastructure engineering. His skills and experience cover all aspects of the infrastructure, including a particular specialism in Track and Permanent Way. He worked for Mott MacDonald for 19 years, latterly as Technical Principal and Professional Head of Track Engineering. After taking early retirement in 2019 he setup his own Consultancy. Alan is a Chartered Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers and a Chartered Fellow of the Permanent Way Institution.
Recent project experience at a senior engineering level including:
- HS2 – Phase 1 and 2
- Transport for Wales – Cardiff Metro
- Borders Railway
- Singapore Land Transport Authority
- Docklands Light Railway
What can Alan help you with?
- Business Development and Commercial opportunities
- Technical and Project support
- Rail engineering projects, from concept through detailed design to construction
- Design Management
- CRE (Contractor’s Responsible Engineer)
- CEM (Contractor’s Engineering Manager)
- ICP (Independent Competent Person)
Meet our consultants
Steve has had a 30-year career in the Rail sector. His skills and experience covering Manufacturing, Logistics and Commercial areas. He has worked for Balfour Beatty, Network Rail and Hird Rail Services, all in Senior positions. In 2015, he left full-time employment set up his own Consultancy business.
Some of Steve’s project experience includes:
- Introduced new lightweight polymer cable troughing system in to the UK rail industry, imported from Japan. The company, which he helped create, is now thriving with the troughing being fully approved for use by Network Rail and others.
- Helped to develop a JV with Fatigue Technology Ltd in Seattle to provide cold hole expansion technology (adopted from the aircraft industry) to the UK rail industry. This is a mandatory safety critical method to avoid cracking in drilled holes in rails to prevent breakages.
- Designed and developed the “NEONS” electronic track component ordering system which became the industry standard and which led to the Network Rail innovation of the year award.
What can Steve help you with?
- Procurement / Supply Chain Strategies
- Tendering and bid management
- New product development and introduction
- Commercial opportunities through introductions to key people
What our customers say about working with us across the Bostonair Group
Bostonair has been supplying European Air Transport Leipzig, with temporary manpower for the last four years. They have been able to supply us with engineers for line and light maintenance work, defect rectification to support our line maintenance at our base in Leipzig. Bostonair also supply line maintenance to European Air Transport line stations under the Bostonair part 145. At times we hire up to 30 people from Bostonair, and their comprehensive service includes the provision for international travel, accommodation, security clearance, local airport passes and airport security awareness training, which allows us to focus on our own operation. Bostonair’s staff have a good understanding of our technical needs and thus so far have been able to respond quickly and efficiently to our maintenance demands.
The report from our technicians was very positive and the cooperation with your guys was excellent. Thank you for the good team and I look forward to further cooperation.
Vensys -Commercial Manager
As a new company in the wind turbine industry, Boston Energy has shown a good effort in providing us with good and experienced technicians. Good as well as bad situations have been handled quickly and in good fashion. The majority of the technicians have been very competent and we have seen some of our top performers coming from Boston Energy.
MHI Vestas -Site Manager
Huge compliments to the Boston Energy team for the job they have done, it has been a pleasure to work with you. Thanks for working tirelessly during Christmas to facilitate, being great colleagues and showing passion for what we do.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my thanks to you and your team for the service you’ve provided this season, not only the supply of trained, competent and approachable technicians but also the swift manner in which issues have been dealt with. All of the Boston Energy technicians onsite have proved most valuable this season both in and out the field. The number of Hazard Observation submissions has been consistently good from the start and this goes to show the dedication and commitment to working in a safe environment.
Siemens Gamesa -Site Manager
I just wanted to convey my thanks to the team for the first class support you’ve provided Ørsted. Your company’s flexibility and services made our challenges less so, notwithstanding the excellent attitude and professionalism of the technicians provided.
Ørsted -Head of London Array Operations